The City’s Financial Management Service consists of the following activities:
- Accounting – oversees the production of financial statements and reports for the City and agencies such as Saint John Non-Profit Housing. This service includes Chart of Accounts design and maintenance, account reconciliation and year-end auditing functions.
- Cash Management – projects cash flow requirements, ensures all funds received are deposited in the City’s bank account and invests surplus funds.
- Debt Management – manages long-term debt instruments to ensure reasonable debt levels are maintained and financial obligations are promptly paid.
- Revenue Billing & Collection – responsible for the collection of monies owed to the City for services rendered. This service includes the billing and collection of funds for a number of services, most notably Water & Sewerage services.
- Accounts Payable – pays the Corporation’s financial obligations for goods and services acquired.
- Pension Administration – coordinates internal and external services provided for the Board of Trustees of the City of Saint John Employee Pension Plan.