The Geographic Information Systems Division is responsible for creating and maintaining all mapping and associated geographic information for The City of Saint John. The GIS Division is also the official source for civic addressing and street names within the City of Saint John.
Some responsibilities of the Geographic Information Systems Division:
- Creates and maintains spatial information datasets necessary for City business;
- Coordinates spatial information collection projects for City departments;
- Maintains the City’s Enterprise GIS for employee use;
- Maintains the City’s Web-Mapping application for public use;
- Produces maps for City departments;
- Responds to public and employee enquiries regarding mapping and geographic information;
- Handles all digital geographic data requests;
- Provides spatial analysis services to City departments;
- Assigns official civic addresses within the City of Saint John;
- Ensures street names meet NB 911 guidelines; and
- Maintains the official street list for the City of Saint John.