The City of Saint John is committed to demonstrating accountability to our residents and taxpayers. In June of 2008, Common Council adopted an accountability framework that is designed to support our efforts to provide effective and efficient service delivery.
The accountability framework is comprised of three key components; strategic planning, performance management and public reporting. It identifies processes for:
- Setting clear objectives through strategic planning or policy development;
- Identifying measures to track the progress towards stated objectives;
- Communicating performance results to the public and other stakeholders through regular reporting;
- Comparing performance to desired results; and
- Realigning or eliminating service offerings to enhance or improve service delivery with the goal of better addressing the needs of the public.
The following diagram shows the inter-connection of all pieces of the City’s Accountability Framework: