Bill Farren was first elected into council in 2004, and was re-elected in 2008 and in May 2012.
Bill has been involved with various committees and volunteer work in the community. His community involvement includes:
- Founding member of the Westside food bank boosters
- Founding member and a director of the board for the coalition of nursing home residents’ rights
- Board member of the Hatheway trust
- Past president and vice president of the Saint John district labour council
- Past vice president the Saint John board of police commission member of the Friends of St. Joseph’s
- Board and committee member on restoration of the Lily Lake Pavilion
Bill also sits on the Saint John Industrial Parks Commission, the Harbour Bridge Authority and Fort Latour Committee.
Bill has an special interest in environment issues and the creation of economic development and jobs. He also has a keen interest in community and recreational improvements and activities.
In his spare time, he enjoys salmon fishing, canoeing, gardening, and most of all, spending time with his daughter and granddaughter.