Mel K. Norton was elected as mayor in May 2012. He previously served as Ward 3 councillor.
A partner at Lawson Creamer, Mayor Norton has served on a variety of community organizations, including:
- Citizens Advisory Committee on the Ward System
- Saint John Theatre Co.
- Business Community Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Fundy Food Festival
- Canadian Bar Association Lawyers Assistance Program
- Canadian Forces, Legal Officer
- St. Andrew and St. David Church Housing Project
Mayor Norton has a special interest in citizen involvement, economic development and sustainable housing.
He lives on Princess Street in the City's uptown.