The Fire Prevention Service promotes a proactive approach to fire safety and prevention through public education, training, inspection, and code enforcement.
Fire Safety Tips
- Exercise caution while using extension cords or electrical equipment – use for intended purpose only.
- Pay attention while cooking.
- Conduct a Fire Hazard analysis of your home – eliminate identified hazards.
- Develop a Fire Escape Plan for your home – practice it.
- Test your smoke alarm – every month.
- Change battery in your smoke alarm at least once a year (more often if necessary).