April 4, 2016
At its meeting held November 6, 2015, Common Council resolved to enter into the Project Agreement with Port City Water Partners (Partners) and “to make the final executed version of the Project Agreement publicly available on the City’s website within 60 days following the completion of the Preferred
Proponent’s financing in connection with the Project.”
Proponent’s financing in connection with the Project was completed February 4, 2016, therefore the 60 day period is April 4, 2016. Section 21.7 of the Project Agreement provides that, excepting only any information that may be exempt from disclosure pursuant to Applicable Law, the City may disclose the Project Agreement to the public. The 60 day period referred to in the resolution was to allow Partners to identify information it feels is protected under the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (RTIPPA) (the Applicable Law), and for the City to review this information against the stated exceptions under RTIPPA.
Over the past number of weeks, Partners and the City have worked together to identify the information that is personal, confidential or proprietary in nature (and therefore protected against public disclosure under RTIPPA), and have produced a redacted version of the Project Agreement, which maintains the confidentiality of the information protected under RTIPPA.
The redacted version of the Project Agreement, the consolidated version of the RFP (which incorporates all Addenda issued during the RFP Open Period) and the Post financial close value for money report are posted to the right under the “Resources” section.
February 8, 2016
November 6, 2015
Suppliers looking for additional information on how to get involved may email saintjohn.ca
About the Project
The City of Saint John is committed to providing all residents with
safe, clean drinking water. As part of its mandate, Common Council has
made safe clean, drinking water a key service priority. This is the reason for the Safe, Clean
Drinking Water Project (SCDWP).
The City is partnering with P3 Canada and the Province of
New Brunswick to deliver the SCDWP. A
water treatment facility will be built on a green field site and a number of
projects will be completed to enhance the water distribution system.
SCDWP Objectives include:
- Good, quality water meeting all relevant water criteria and guidelines
- Deficiencies in the current water supply system are corrected
- An adequate supply of water is available for consumer-use and fire protection during and following the project completion
- Project is delivered at an affordable price
- Value for money is obtained
- A safe workplace be provided throughout the project
- Appropriate risks associated with the project are borne by Project Co.
- The project will be delivered in accordance with municipal, provincial and federal design, construction, operational and environmental standards
- Primary infrastructure satisfies the hand back requirements at the hand back date
|Project Milestone |
|Execution of Project Agreement |
|Financial Close |
|West Side Milestone Completion Date |
|End of 2017|
|Expected Substantial Completion Date |
|End of 2018|
Learn more about Saint John Water
About Saint John Water's Infrastructure
Saint John Water Annual Report (begins on page 37)