Disability Awareness Week 2016
Saint John Ability Advisory Committee
Using our diverse expertise we partner with people with disabilities, government, business and the public to remove barriers by providing information and advocacy regarding disability issues.
The Saint John Ability Advisory Committee is officially recognized as an advisory committee for Common Council of the City of Saint John. The SJAAC provides direction, awareness and leadership in making our community more inclusive.
Past accomplishments include
• Assisted in the placement of audible pedestrian signals for the Visually Impaired.
• Assisted with the design and development of Saint John’s Fully Integrated Play Parks.
• Assist individuals in accessing services from the City of Saint John and other Government Departments.
• Organized the annual Disability Awareness Week celebrations in Saint John since 1991.
• Provided disability sensitivity training to staff at the City of Saint John, Bay Ferries and Saint John Regional Hospital.
The SJAAC is an excellent information resource regarding disabilities and accessibility in our community. If you have information that may help, an idea or questions please feel free to share it!
Saint John Ability Advisory Committee typically meets on the second Friday of the month from 9:30am – 11:30am. Meetings are held at the City of Saint John Parks and Recreation Building – 171 Adelaide Street.
For more information on the City of Saint John Ability Advisory Committee visit our Facebook Page:
Leisure Services Coordinator
City of Saint John