It’s been a great year for P.R.O. Kids – over $150,000 has been raised to provide a record 900 children with positive recreational opportunities in 2010.
Mayor Ivan Court held a reception yesterday to thank this year’s sponsors and supporters for their efforts towards the program, which receives administrative support from the City of Saint John and the Towns of Grand Bay-Westfield, Rothesay & Quispamsis.
This year’s Premier Financial Sponsors ($10,000 plus) were Baxter (Saputo Foods), the Canadian Tire Foundation for Families (Jumpstart Program), the Lily Lake Pavilion and the Pavilion Cup Pond Hockey Tournament, United Commercial Travelers Jack Kidd Council #755, and the Dickie Crossman Memorial Foundation.
The 2010 Major Financial Sponsors ($5,000 to $9,999) are Bell Aliant Regional Communications, the Brian Lund Memorial Fund and Greater Saint John Community Foundation, Good Life Kids Foundation and the New Brunswick Children’s Foundation.
The 2010 Activity Sponsors ($1,000 to $4,999) are:
- Alternative Measures Program
- Brian D. Munro Professional Corporation
- Brent Kelly Memorial Fund
- Brunswick Pipeline
- CBCL Limited
- City of Saint John Leisure Services Department
- City of Saint John Mayor’s Office
- The Fisher Foundation
- Sheila and John Fitzpatrick
- Health & Community Services Social Committee
- Holiday Inn Express
- Irving Oil
- Kings County Oldtimers Hockey Club
- Pembridge Insurance and Higgins General Insurance
- Rusty Blades Hockey
- Saint John Irving Oil Christmas Hockey Tournament
- Sisters of Charity of the Immaculate Conception
- Students Run With It
- United Way
- The Wright Agency
- Greg Zed
P.R.O. Kids also benefited from in-kind sponsorship from 97.3 The Wave, BCAPI (Business Community Anti-Poverty Initiative), the Delta Brunswick Hotel, Telegraph Journal, and Moosehead Breweries.
Danny Jardine, Advisory Committee Co-Chair, would also like to thank the members of the 2010 P.R.O. Kids Advisory Committee – Bernie Regenbogen, Charles Jensen, Christine Saumure, Chris Nadeau, Connie Coffin, Dawn Maillet, Elizabeth Gallant, Councillor Gerry Maher, Kathy Davison, Katie Langmaid, Kelli Wetmore, Larry MacGillivray and Councillor Patty Higgins. As well, a special thank you is extended to the organizers of this year’s fundraisers:
- Members of the Annual Fundraising Dinner Committee
- George Georgoudis, John Marino, Andrew Munford, Dave Craig and Rob Burke of the Dickie Crossman Memorial Foundation annual golf tournament
- Robyn Giffin, Zumba fitness fundraisers
- Stephanie Walsh & Jacqueline Thibodeau, Scentsy and Mabel’s Labels fundraisers
- Jason Kelson, Pembridge Insurance High School Basketball Tournament
- Co-op student Lena Fontaine, Christmas Poinsettia sale
P.R.O. Kids is ready for a great year in 2011. Our annual fundraising dinner is coming up in April – watch for details and ticket information for this great event in the coming months.