On behalf of NB Southern Railway
Please be advised of a mock train-car collision at 10am Wednesday April 27th at the Douglas Ave rail crossing near the Reversing Falls Bridge.
Students from Harbour View High will participate in the demonstration, along with the local fire, police and ambulance services.
- WHO: Operation Lifesaver, NBM Railways, Fire, Police and Ambulance, Harbourview High Students, Safety Services NB, PALS, Transport Canada, NB Dept. of Transportation & Infrastructure, EMO and Castle Funeral Home
- WHAT: Mock train-car collision
- WHERE: Douglas Avenue Railway Crossing near Reversing Falls Bridge
- WHEN: 10am Wednesday April 27th
- WHY: Educate and enlighten new and young drivers of the hazards surrounding railway crossings and trespassing on railway property. Every injury or death at a rail crossing is entirely preventable. The exercise will allow Emergency Response crews to measure and improve their abilities and response times.
National Rail Safety Week (April 25 - May 1) is dedicated to preventing as many crossing and trespassing incidents as possible by raising awareness of rail safety among all Canadians. Crossing and pedestrian safety is a shared responsibility among communities, rail operators and all levels of government.
The mock scenario is part of National Rail Safety Week organized by Operation Lifesaver - a partnership initiative of the Railway Association of Canada and Transport Canada with cooperation from the rail industry, government, police, unions, and community groups.