Evacuation or Shelter-in-Place

There are emergency situations where you may have to remain inside your home, school or office for your own safety (this is called shelter-in-place) or situations where you might be asked to leave (this is called evacuation).

For example, if there is a hazardous material spill on your street, you could be asked to stay indoors. However, a flood might mean you will have to leave your home and maybe go to a reception center.

Listed below are steps you should take in either of these cases.



Resources Resources
Environment Canada - Saint John
Get Prepared

River Watch

Sign up for Emergency Alerts